Who doesn’t love a good margarita? I have yet to find a mix that I have REALLY liked. I have found satisfactory mixes and pre-mixed margaritas but nothing really compares to my simple and easy margarita recipe that I came up with several year ago. I’m here to give you only the best! It’s a great base recipe too. You can muddle any fruit into it! My secret (shh!) is using the freshest juices possible. The fresher, the tastier.
Lt’s Classico -
Drink this as is or try a spin on it with the recipes following after, each recipe will use the Classico as a base.
Here's what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Limeade - My favorite brand is Simply, it’s sweeter than all the others and way better than any mix I’ve found.
- 1 cup Tequila
- ¼ cup Fresh lime juice
Optional: Top it off with lime flavored sparkling water. A great and inexpensive brand is Sparkling Ice! Be creative, maybe use two or more (depending on how adventurous you are!) flavors of the Sparkling Ice. For example, the Lemon Lime + Cherry Limeade sounds like a good combination, give it a try!
Instructions: Mix together, pour over ice, sip and enjoy! Or give it a twist with one of the options below.
Strawberry Cucumber Basil Recipe: The Treatment
This one will make you feel like you are relaxing at a spa! Use some of the cucumber from the recipe, sliced, and place it over your eyes! Spa treatment, here you come.
- Peeled and chunked cucumber
Remix it: Muddle* the cucumber slices, hull* the strawberries and add basil by using a strainer and serve it in a chilled glass!
*To muddle means to press the ingredients against the side of the glass.
*To hull means to remove it’s leafy stem.
Have you ever wondered what it’d be like to own a beach home on a tropical island? If you can’t be there, at least drink like you are! This recipe will do exactly that.
- Add a splash of orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier
- Splash of fresh orange juice
Remix it: Mix together, sip, and enjoy! P.S. maybe research those beach homes too.
I love a spicy margarita! This is one for the people who love blended margaritas and aren’t afraid to spice it up!
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut away from the seed into a blender.
- 1 teaspoon of chile
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups of ice
- Tajin - for the rim and to top and a dash on the top - If you want to skip this, just mix together a little salt, cayenne, and chili powder to substitute for a spicy rim. I like the tajin much better though, its a little tangy, not so salty or as spicy on your lips. Do as your heart desires!
Remix it: Put all the ingredients in the blender (except tajin). If your blender has an ice crush setting, blend it on that. If not, just pulsate it a couple times. Rim your glass with the Tajin, pour in your margarita and enjoy!
Pair your margarita with the perfect meal:
- Strawberry Cucumber Basil -- Use the leftover basil for a pesto pasta.
- The Calladalac -- Use the leftover orange juice for an orange chicken and brown rice dish.
- Spicy Mango -- Use leftover mango for a mango chicken salad.
These recipes will transport you to the most relaxing and luxurious places, and you don’t even have to leave your home! Don’t be hesitant to alter anything listed above, be your own bartender! You can also share these recipes with your friends, have a get-together and let the good times roll. Get your margarita on!